Log in

Oct. 3rd, 2011 @ 02:51 pm High-temp fusible film for iron-on badges
Hi. This community seems to be the best fit for my question. If it's not, please direct me to a community that can help.

I make machine-embroidered patches, and yes, I sell them. I'm looking for a place that sells high-temp melt fusible web or film in LOW-VOLUME ORDERS, the kind that's used on the backs of the iron-on appliques you find in sports outlets, fabric and notion stores, and such. The stuff that sticks when you iron it. I have tried Steam-a-seam paper-backed fusible (and Heat-n-Bond, and other store-brands from Fabricland, Michael's, and such), but the embroidered patches are a more dense application than your standard quilting cotton. Steam-a-seam is made for quilt applique, and other fabric-to-fabric fusing.

I looked online for this stuff and found it wholesale in China, but the minimum purchase order is something like 5000m of this stuff (no, I did not add an extra zero). I don't have room in my house for that kind of deal, nor do I have the connections to be a distributor myself. My tax situation is complicated enough.

Does anyone here have an idea where I can buy maybe 100m of high-temp fusible web/film?
About this Entry
Date:October 12th, 2013 07:20 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
I am really impressed with your writing skills
as well as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?
Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to see a great blog like this one these days.
[User Picture Icon]
Date:October 12th, 2013 11:08 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
Thanks for the compliment out of the blue. This machine embroidery LiveJournal community is not mine, and LiveJournal is a free hosting site.